Families First of Palm Beach County
Director of Development
The Development Director is responsible for the development goals and strategies for all fundraising campaigns and implements marketing programs and special events to maximize prospect and donor engagement. Oversees the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts, fundraising efforts, and legacy giving prospects and donors.
The purpose of the position is to provide professional leadership to the organization for all fundraising and donor cultivation efforts. This position will report directly to the CEO and will work in concert with the Development Associate and the Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising with a nonprofit organization. Experience may be substituted for education on a year to year basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the Executive Leadership Team, Development Committee, Legacy Giving Committee and Board of Directors to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and approaches.
- Conducts research, prospecting, and application to multiple donor sources.
- Develops and maintains key long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
- Demonstrates the ability to attract new community supporters to Families First, thus turning community support into fundraising revenue through grant funding, foundation gifts and personal contributions.
- Trains and mentors members of the Board of Directors as well as staff members in essential elements of fundraising
- Motivates and facilitates board members and others in participation of identifying, developing and soliciting individual donors, corporate gifts and private foundations.
- Oversees and manages all aspects of the major gifts and legacy giving program for the Agency, supervising annual gifts of $1,000 and more.
- Prepares written materials, including correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgements, and regular communications as part of the stewardship program.
- Works closely with Development Associate on marketing materials, including brochures, ads, social media and announcements, to promote all aspects of fundraising.
- Establishes and maintains a donor cultivation cycle and gift stewardship program to ensure that new major donors are developed, have opportunities to increase their level of support annually, and enjoy a close relationship with the agency.
- Coordinates major gifts and legacy giving cultivation and recognition events.
- Develops and maintains a legacy giving program in conjunction with the CEO, Legacy Giving Committee and the Foundation Board of Directors.
- Oversees and manages all aspects of the legacy giving program for the Agency, supervising gifts made through bequests, trusts, charitable annuities and other planned giving vehicles.
- Establishes goals in legacy giving in consultation with CEO and Legacy Giving Committee and develop strategies to reach them.
- Prepares written materials, including correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgements, and regular communications to market the legacy giving program as well as promote the concept of legacy giving.
- Meets with legacy giving prospects and their advisors, prepares financial illustrations of proposed gifts, and drafts gift agreements for review by prospects and their advisors.
- Designs and implements fundraising programs including annual and multi-year giving campaigns, major gift identification and solicitation, direct mail campaigns and strategic program campaigns.
- Extract and analyze data from donor database and other sources to help identify and qualify major gift prospects.
- Represents Agency at events in and around Community
- Attends events representing Families First such as dinners, lunches, chamber meetings, club activities as needed on behalf of the agency
- Manages and works closely with Development Associate on social media, marketing, auction, and all other projects
EOE, DFWP, Level II Background Screening
Benefits included, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD insurance, EAP, 401K, Generous vacation and sick time
Email Jobs@familiesfirstpbc.org or fac 561-881-3827